Saturday, June 19, 2010

Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix : An Alternative To MAC Fix+

I woke up extremely early today and took Angie to the vet for a regular check up. Carrying her around is like working out in the gym. Thanks to her, I was sweating like crazy by the time I got to the doctor's office. So, I was sitting there with all the dogs and cats around me. I can already notice that my makeup was melting off of my face, so I took out my Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix ($27). Yes, I was touching up my makeup with the bulldog staring at me.


More about the product : A light and comfortable spray that sets all types of makeup and prolongs hold, even under extreme conditions. For busy women who want to go from work to an evening dinner out and don't have time to go home for touch ups, spray mist and fix on a thick tissue and pat gently on the face to refresh your makeup. Then apply a veil of compact powder to give your complexion a velvety texture for the evening.

I would say that this is an excellent alternative to the MAC F+ ($18). They pretty much do the same thing. Spray a thin layer over your tired face or foundation, and it instantly refreshes the look. I didn't notice any differences between the two products. The only flaw with the Mist & Fix is that this contains a very strong perfumed fragrance. It is quite strong when first applied but quickly disappears after a short while. I would only recommend the MAC one or this alternative if you really feel a need for these products. Otherwise, any hydrating sprays such as the Evian Large Mineral Water Spray ($15) or even a bottled water with spray cap would do the same trick with much more affordable prices.


Pick It or Not ? 
  • Quality: 45 (out of 50)  
  • Packaging: 20 (out of 20)  
  • Price: 15 (out of 20)   
  • User Friendly: 5 (out of 5)   
  • Availability: 5 (out of 5)
Angela's Ultimate Pick: A -

4 Responses to “Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix : An Alternative To MAC Fix+”

Anonymous said...
June 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM

It's an alternative but not a cheaper one. Obviously a Mac one would be better. What a waste of a post.


Angela (SparkleMidori) said...
June 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Yes, the MUFE one is a little bit more expensive than the MAC one, but who says an alternative has to be a cheaper one? As long as they are around the same price range, which in this case they are since the MUFE one is bit bigger than the MAC one, I don't see why I can not use this as an alternative. May be you think the MAC is better but that is not true for everyone. I am simply offering my opinion on this product. I don't see why that is a waste of a post. At least, I think someone who doesn't like strong scent will probably not want to buy this product after reading my review. I always appreciate and welcome different kinds of comments on my blog but definitely not a rude one. If you have the guts to say something like this and if you think you are right, why use anonymous and not show yourself? May be you think this is a waste of a post because you have too much time to waste. You don't have to like my blog or what I write, but you have no right to be rude here. I apologize that you "wasted" your time here, so I would recommend you that this may not be something for you. You may think this is a waste of time but at least someone out there would find this at least a bit helpful, and my review is certainly for those people and not you.


BeeCute said...
June 20, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Wow, the anonymous post was incredibly rude and not necessary. I actually appreciate your post on the mist. I've just recently starting buying MAC products online, since I don't have a store anywhere near where I live. I also recently discovered the MUFE line, and am dying to try it out. Thanks for the info, and I hope u post more like this, and don't let idiot people discourage you!


Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...
June 20, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Sounds refreshing. I wanted to try the Evian mist, but this one also sounds good.